Collection of Information and Cookies Policy
East End Cosmetics (EEC) may use various technologies to observe and track the behaviour patterns of the individuals, who visits our web store. These technologies include cookies, which are stored in your browser.
Cookies are used to identify you whenever you return to EEC web store and to create a unique shopping experience for you based on the information gathered through cookies.
Information we collect from the customers include;
- Details of the transaction customers make at EEC web store and the discharge of orders.
- Information provided by customers while registering at the web store, filling out questionnaires, participating in competitions and subscribing to services.
- Communications the customers make with the EEC web store such as reviewing a product, proving suggestions and comments and fault reporting.
- Details of each customer’s visits to the web store, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the products and resources that were accessed.
East End Cosmetics (Pvt) Ltd. will only use the information collected by the users of its web store in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, SafeBuy UK code of practice and Privacy and Electronic Communication Act of 2003.
A customer can modify his/her browser to prevent the receipt of cookies and can refuse to accept cookies from EEC.
Storage of Data and Their Security
Data and Information collected by EEC is processed by EEC staff or the staff of our service provider. They could be engaged in completion of customer order, processing of the transactions and providing of support services.
The personal information derived would be held securely in accordance with the EEC security policy and any payment transaction is protected through encryption using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) method.
The encrypted data cannot be accessed by a third party and sensitive details of customers are not stored to prevent its possible loss.
EEC also takes fullest measure to prevent loss of data during their transmission through internet although we cannot provide a complete guarantee of safety to the personal data transmitted to this site and any such transmission is made at customer’s own risk.
Use of Collected Data
EEC uses the collected data for various services including;
- To execute the contract reached between EEC and its’ customer including the processing and delivery of orders.
- To provide the customer with information, services and products requested by the customers or which EEC feel may interest the customer, when the customer has given permission to be contacted through email, mail, voice and SMS services for such purposes.
- To customaries the shopping experience provided by EEC web store to each customer.
- To allow the customer to participate in any interactive features of our services, when the customer had chosen to do so.
- To notify the customer of the updates to the web store or the web site.
EEC may also use customer data, or permit selected third parties to use customer data, to provide the customer with information about third party goods and services which may be of interest to the customer and EEC or the third party may contact the customer about such services, when customer have previously indicated that he/she wishes to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, SMS, telephone or other means of electronic communication.
Sharing and Disclosure of Data
EEC may disclose and share information about customers to an affiliated company within the EEC group.
EEC may also share and disclose customer data with a third party under below situation;
- If the customer has previously indicated an agreement to be contacted by third party organisations with information about their goods and practices.
- In the event of a partial or full sale or purchase of business assets; EEC retains the right to disclose customer data to the prospective buyer or seller.
- In the case of a legal or financial acquiring process of EEC assets by a third party, personal data held by EEC is one of the assets that would be transferred to the third party.
- When EEC is under a duty to disclose or share customer personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers or other third parties.
This includes the exchange of information with third partied for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The customer has the right to request non-disclosure and non-processing of data from EEC. The customer will be informed by EEC if and when we intend to use the collected data for processing or sharing with the third parties and the customer can exercise his/her right to prevent such occurrence by using the check boxes provided in relevant forms or unsubscribing from relevant communications.
EEC web store might display web links leading to other web sites and by clicking and connecting with other websites the customer would be subjected to the privacy and cookie policies of these websites, which is beyond the reasonable control of EEC.
If you need further information and clarification please contact us
Access to customer’s own information
A customer has the right under the Data Protection Act of 1998 to request a copy of his/her personal data held by EEC for a fee not exceeding £ 10. A customer also hold the right to correct inaccuracies in such personal data.